... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Sunday 6 January 2013

Crochet Heaven - or Hell?

We all do it.

We have great Christmas ideas months before the festive season.

Then something happens. Then something else, and before you know it you're racing to complete something for the big day.

Well this year I failed.

It's my grandmother's birthday on New Year's Eve and she's really tricky to buy for so I thought I'd make her a crochet wrap. She likes things like that and I've never made anything for her before, other than food!

So, I managed to finish it today. Fringing done - it's actually really nice. Very lose crochet which makes it light. I have a considerable amount of wool left so I'm considering knocking myself up something - I'm feeling a tank toppy thing - something thin but warm I can wear under my new motorbike jacket I had for Christmas for the many, many trips out we'll be having very soon.

This is the wrap - what do you think?


"Lady J" met her crochet nemesis this year too. Her gent Glen (keep your eyes peeled for his new blog!) wanted a crochet blanket, a granny square one, so, relative newcomer (2 years) to crochet Lady J, knocked out this blinder.



Ihave to say though, there was some choice language being thrown about by the end of both of these projects, I don't mind telling you!



No comments:

Post a Comment