... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Thursday 27 December 2012

Homemade STILL rocks.

There's been a lot of it this Christmas I'm really pleased to say.

From our little Gwdihw door stop to replace the one chewed by brown and white Spaniel made by gorgeous El:


And the home grown veg chutney, again, hand made by El:







To my lovely cinnamon whirl brooch, made by lovely Liz:

And the pretty and useful grey wrap for my Grandmother's joint Christmas and birthday present, made by me...




... yeah you guessed it, I haven't finished it yet. Not like me one bit, is it?!

This is one I DID manage to finish by the skin of my teeth! It's another of the frilly scarf/wraps that seem to be very popular currently...



... with a bit of a gratuitous spaniel shot in the back ground!!


 The radio (iplayer link) was fantastic fun on Christmas eve and I got to meet the music historian and fabulously unbelievably geeky (in the best possible way) Phil Davis - you really should listen to his programmes, they are fantastic, but I had to work hard to not be star struck to meet Terry Walton

And what a lovely pair of gents. I could have sat there with them all day! And then pressies!

Louise so kindly bought me a lovely craft book, useful and inspiring it is too with some really unusual projects I'm just dying to have a go at.



Speaking of projects - you remember I taught Barry boy stand up comedian and Elvis impersonator Mike Bubbins how to make a Christmas cake on Radio Wales a few weeks ago?  Well here's the picture he posted Christmas day and it was a triumph! I didn't doubt it for a second, Michael. ;-D




It was lovely to spend some time with Meg just before the chaos too We went to Manchester to see Thunder - one of our fave bands, little did we know when we booked it back in the summer that we'd be travelling on the worst weather day of the year. Flooding, train cancellations, motorway closures horrific driving conditions and a £6.50 single whisky!


Its all part of the fun though, eh?!

Got some great ideas for next Christmas too......

No comments:

Post a Comment