... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Moving and Shaking

Been out for my walk, between showers, and totally undid all my work with chocolate biscuits.

And I've done a bit more packing, two more boxes of china and kitchen stuff. But I have today received some signs. I was watching a bit of telly while I was wrapping and packing and I was watching one of the tattoo programmes, LA Ink, I think and a lovely lady had come in to get a nice tatt - one I'd considered actually, a pocket watch withe a 13 o'clock on the face.

She was talking, as they do about the significance, of this tattoo and she was saying about how she had spent her life waiting for things to happen in order for her to be happy. She was waiting to loose weight to be pretty and wear lingerie, she was waiting to meet the man of her dreams so that she could be happy etc. She was waiting for 13 o'clock. Which doesn't exist. Only now exists.

How very appropriate, especially given that the whole family are waiting and needing to move. Okay, we have some pretty extreme circumstances fueling this, but it all boils down to the same thing. SO instead of staying in and packing boxes I'm going to the cinema with Meg. After my nap.

And THEN, DMax (the channel I was watching) was trailing a programme starting soon about people with an obsession with hoarding. An excessive obsession with it.

I think I could be one of those people. Okay, you can walk through my house and sit on my sofa with relative ease, but despite my massive throwing out binge, I still find myself packing up things that I think to myself "why have I even got this?!" It's like I feel a responsibility to the tings around me, I know I've had a conversation with my "home-girl" Jess about my inability to read magazines. The reason for this is the same. I feel an obligation to every bit of information it contains, as if if I don't keep it and file it and appreciate it, it will be lost forever.

It's kind of an obsession, to protect the past. Maybe I should become a curator in a museum or something.

So although equally valid, the two things I've had brought to my attention today are working against each other. What I do know is that I will be having another massive sort out when I do get in the new place and we will be spending more time living and less time sorting out junk possessions, holding onto things so that they don't get turned to waste.

Life's just one big juggling act, isn't it.

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment