... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Autumn, Autumn, I love Autumn






In case you'd not noticed, I LOVE autumn. I think it's to do with the amount of red stuff that's about.

It never ceases to amaze me how nature manages to pull of these miracles every year, without fail, all over the place. How does something so red and rich and vibrant come from green plants? I'm sure some clever clogs can tell me exactly how but I don't want to know. To me it's a miracle. So I've pickled some miracles. Quite a lot of them actually. I'd like to say that they're for the hampers, but I know I'll just eat them.

I cooked the beetroot, and was left with the gorgeous red water, far to lovely to throw away, so I thought I'd have a go at some natural dyeing. So the towels you can see here, are in the process of being transformed for practice!

Beetroot, cabbage, pickling, harvest, colours, nature's miracles, beetroot dying, towels, time of year, autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment