... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Friday 9 July 2010

No Need!

Well this week has just flown by. I must be honest, I was absolutely dreading yesterday as I detest training courses, and, as usual, fate stepped in and booted me up the bum and I had an absolutely awesome day that has finally showed me what I want to do with my life. I want to specialize in looking after people with Dementia. Such an incredible disease, and I can't thank the awesome course tutor we had yesterday enough. Utterly brilliant.

I was very kindly donated a big bag of gorgeously luxurious chenille wool by my good friend Lesley and I've started to do something with it. I was a bit stuck for something to do with it as the yarn is just so fat it's not suitable for most things, so I decided to make a loose stitch shrug. I'm in the process of crocheting it up into a long wide oblong, a few carefully placed stitches, et voila.

I must be honest, I'm rather excited as my lovely co-President/former Home Ec. Teacher/good friend Liz has offered to teach me to knit. Liz informs me that she was able to do fair isle at the age of 7 so I can't think of ANYONE better qualified to teach me, and it's a bloomin' good excuse to hang out with her for a couple of hours!

I purchased some yarn last week as I needed to start on my god daughter's Christmas pressie. When I got home, I totally changed my mind about the colour and tried to take it back to Shaws, where I had purchased it from. Sadly, the staff were INCREDIBLY rude, and informed me that the particular brand I had purchased was not returnable. I was not told that when I purchased it 2 days before. Given that I quite liked the colour etc I wasn't really that bothered about the fact that I had spent only a few quid on it because I'll use it for something else, but the fact that they were SO rude, I've now got a major bee in my bonnet about it. Given that Shaws are a good solid Welsh company I've always tried to support them with my purchases, but instead, cutting my nose off to spite my face, I went to Wilkinsons to purchase the yarn I really wanted. I don't think it's any less good quality but I'm not sure. Tsk, tsk, tsk!

No comments:

Post a Comment