... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Alive and Not Quite Kicking

Everyone needs some time to re-group, reassess priorities and, as my favorite Yoga teacher used to say - "get back in my bucket". Now is my time. This week is all about Yoga, meditation and hopefully bucket dwelling. I'm not feeling quite myself at the moment, so I've withdrawn from society a little and normal service will be resumed shortly, I'm sure.

I'm a bit annoyed, I've had a disaster with my home made soups etc. I've discovered that the large kilners I've been using are no good for storing long term. I don't know why exactly, whether I didn't sterilize them well enough, or the post filling sterilization wasn't good enough but I've had to throw loads away. Still, we live and learn and luckily, I've got quite a good lot of ordinary size jars building up now. Lucky really, I'm going to have to do a new batch of tomato.

Tonight is my W.I. clothes swap or "swishing" I believe it's known as. I know what you're all thinking, I'm not going to go away with any gems due to the, er, "seniority" of all my lovely ladies, but let me assure you, that is NOT the case! Everyone knows I'm happy to accept donations of no longer wanted clothing and I'm never happier than when one of my W.I. ladies goes through her predominantly Monsoon wardrobe and passes her delicious hand me downs to me! So, titter ye not!

Other than that, the chenille shrug is ongoing, my God daughter's Christmas present is on going and I haven't told you about my pet teenager's dress yet. But I must get on, I need to adorn myself with gorgeous cast-off attire befitting of my status as President. (!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment