... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Keep On Keeping On

It's funny, I just logged in to share the latest and I've had a little sign.

I've been waiting on some news today that was going to signify whether or not I continued with my year of anti-consumerism. I've fallen off the wagon in so many areas of my life over the last couple of weeks and I really did consider packing the whole thing in and I saw the outcome of the news as being the decision I would make. Well, I'm here and I'm blogging. But when I logged in, I Kandee the make up artist, who's blog I also follow, has been having the exact same dilemma. So I've taken that as a sign.

I don't know if I can share the decision making news yet! I'll clarify, and get back to you!

So, yes, I've fallen off the wagon. My weight loss, my year long madness, it's all gone a bit Pete Tong. I put on weight in the last couple of weeks, and, after emulsioning my bedroom, I bought some hanging lanterns and space creating mirrors. I didn't spend much, but it's not about that, is it?

While out to get these same mirrors, in the shop I got them, there was a massive sale. In fairness, that's a fairly regular occurrence - there are usually massive sales in there. You can pick up loads of stuff for very little money. For the very first time since starting this year I had a bit of a sulk. For the first time, I thought "this sucks. It's no fun at all." It took a hell of a lot of will power to turn around and walk out of the shop with just the mirrors. Especially when I saw the retro looking denim shirt, and the little denim skirts, and all the accessories that were virtually free...I could go on but I think you get the idea.

So now, given that the decision has been made for me, AND I've had a further sign, I'm back, on the wagon and ready to kick some home-made-butt. Tomorrow I'll tell you about my bedroom makeover because I'm rather proud of that, even if I did spend a couple of quid.

And given that news, boy, am I going to be busy over the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow's job is to make a "get well" card for our good friend who sadly had an accident a few days ago. Get well Frazey, we hope to have the old you back really soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment