... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Touring is the new Rock'n'Roll

I'm not feeling myself at the moment, I'm really not.

One would think that after a weekend away I would be refreshed and ready to fight the world. In actual fact I can barely stay awake. I don't know why.

So the first trip out in the caravan was MARVELOUS! I'm officially hooked. No more airports for me - (not that I'm overly familiar with them anyway), the tourer is the new rock'n'roll. Most def.

I usual lady fashion, I was determined to have a go at towing the van on our first trip out. You never know what might happen and then I might have to tow it somewhere in the future, so I was determined to get my practice in. So we pulled over about half way-ish and I said that I would have my go. I'm a confident driver, never had a bump, driven on the continent and in the states, so I'm not nervy but it was the first time I've done anything like that.

156 miles I towed all 22 feet double axlness of it. I quite enjoyed it and it wasn't too scary at all. Half way I towed and right into the campsite that would be our home for the next two nights. I even turned it. Hubby then said "do you want me to reverse it back into the plot?" to which I replied "yeah - ok then, why not?"

So I jumped out, he jumped in, and reversed it into the fence.

I must confess I did laugh quite a bit.

The dogs loved the outdoors, and, because we're incredibly sad, we spend quite a lot of time in the van when it's parked up at home, the dogs are really familiar with it, so they relax immediately. The Goat was being very kindly looked after by our lovely neighbor.

In an effort beneficial for several reasons I've just paid up for a month at the gym. I know, I know, I hate the gym. I'm fundamentally opposed to the gym on every level. But I want to see if more exercise makes me feel more energised. It's also only 6 weeks to Download and I'm using that as a goal to get some more weight off. It has rather slowed down, to say the least. So I'm busting my ass down there every day now. I hate it, but needs must. At this point, I would usually have gone out and bought new gym clothes that I don't need to try to guilt myself into it. I do feel rather smug that I haven't wasted any money!

I still have a massive to-do list, but without any energy, everything's SO much more effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment