... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Who Are We To Judge?


I had this blog planned out in my head this morning about how women constantly never cease to amaze me at how much we cram into our lives and the responsibilities we have. A woman's work really isn't ever done, unless you have an army of support staff waiting in the wings.

But I just got side tracked whilst seeing what's going on in the world on the double edged sword that is Facebook.

I happened to notice that some of my friends were "friends" with Cher Lloyd - the Cheryl Cole wannabe off of Zzzzz Factor, for some reason I was drawn to have a look at the pages she has. I would never say that I was a fan in any way but I think it's inevitable that she's going to be around for a while at least whether we like it or not.

I had a little peruse of her photos and things and looked over the comments people had left.

As I said, I'm no fan, but I don't know how these people think that their sort of behaviour is acceptable! These people do not know this poor child, never will and the hate and venom they spouted towards her was just utterly awful. Why would anyone do that?! Let alone hundreds of them?!

It was a bit of a shock to me after I accidentally read the comments on the Sun website about me and my New Year's Day story, and there were some mean people interested in nothing but appearing superior and belittling to their peers. I don't understand why people feel the need to do that, and why these people think that their judgemental and offensive opinions are of any interest to anyone. And that was just about me, doing my thing, hurting or affecting no one.

But, I guess it's part of human nature, to judge things and people we know nothing about. I don't go in for organised religions in any way, but I whole heartedly support the fighting of or human tendency to belittle and judge others in order to bridge a gap in our self esteem. But do you know what? It doesn't work.

And who'd have thought a tattoo could loose you a friend? But it can. Fortunately, I'm prepared to pay that price as I have plenty that love me for who I am, myself included.

Come on people, be nice. Please?











1 comment:

  1. I used to get angry with people like that but now I find it easier and easier to feel very, very sad for them. They are the people who don't have the confidence to do those things or have such rubbish self-esteem that their only way to alleviate it is to be down on someone else.

    It's funny you should bring this up today because I was out with a friend last night who is pretty, a talented artist and a bubbly, confident person. These are the reasons she's my friend and I love to be around her.

    Unfortunately someone I thought was a friend but was recently relegated to the rank of 'acquaintance' by me doesn't like my bubbly friend because she resents the confidence to get on in life that my friend possesses. Sad, sad, sad.

    ReplyDelete