... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Thursday 14 October 2010

There's Nowt as Queer as Folk

People suck. They really do.

No matter how much effort you put into things, or how much commitment you show, there's always someone waiting in the wings to wee on your chips.

Of course it's up to you if you let them.

A good friend of mine a certain Mr Mitchell, told me that one of his Grandfather's favourite sayings was that "you can spend your whole life being nice to people but the turn out at your funeral will be mostly dictated by the weather".

How very, very true, and it rather puts things in perspective for me.

The gentleman who had a go at us fruit and veg volunteers (note the word VOLUNTEERS) this morning because the delivery was 15 minutes later than usual. The miserable over privileged, show off who didn't see why he should have to manouvre his car around mine while I was trying to park for 15 minutes in a dark and deserted street within a half mile radius of my penultimate late night call. The snobby local woman with NOTHING to be snobby about, turning her nose up at our community generating efforts, I've had them all today and it's quite a challenge to maintain a sense of humour through them all. They're just the main ones.

But on the plus side, the co-op orders are going up, Jess and I are feeling better (yay us!) and I've talked myself into making 50 toffee apples next weekend. 35 are for the local youth club and they're thrilled at the donation, and seeing as my family have talked about nothing other than toffee bloomin' apples for weeks now, I thought I'd better make them some too! I'll get some nice photos out of them too, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment