... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Sunday 21 March 2010

Diamond in the Rough

I've got some gorgeous vintage fabrics here that aren't suitable for Sarongs, and a great idea for a dress. I think I need a mannequin, though. I can't see how I can ensure that Meg stands completely still for wearing sufficient wobbly bit add-ons to allow me to do what I want. I don't know anything about mannequins, what's the best type, what to look for etc before I go looking for a good second hand one. I'm going to have to get brave and attempt a trouser tailoring attempt as I'm using good trousers for work and ever they're too big. I have a lesser pair I'd rather use as they have to be washed every day with disinfectant and I don't want my good ones to fade. And anyway, I'm barely able to keep those up! I think that's the last thing that my service users need is to see me and my "substantial undercrackers" while I'm trying to get them up and dressed for the day!

So my first shift out on my own has been completed and I'm glad I worked where I did as I knew a lot of them. Everyone was in fine talking spirit today too and I had some lovely chats with some people who don't speak for days hardly. It was well lush, actually. Apart from the part where I did actually gag. I won't tell you more as I may not finish ...

So I put that out of my mind and went for a little lunch with Hubby, to an ACTUAL restaurant. Not a chain pub, but an actual locally owned, free house restaurant we've been meaning to go to for ages. And it's a great restaurant - I can't believe we haven't been there before. We can't wait now for people to come visit so we can show off our little gem in the rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment