... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Dear Superstar ...

Shattered again after just a few hours on the mountain clearing rubble and brick and stone hunting.

The reclaimed railway sleepers have arrived and it looks like I'm going to get my planting tier soon indeed. That is, when I get off my rump and order 5 tonne of topsoil, which, I'm told, we need.

Talking today to my very favorite artist Liz about my year and my blog, I said that self sufficiency is a big claim. I don't ever think we'll be self sufficient, but sustainable would be good. I need to put a bit more effort into my planting diary too, so I get things going in at the right time.

Mother's day is looming on the horizon and I'm kicking myself for not being more organised. 4 mother's day gifts need to be made, I have some ideas, but not yet ready to put into fabric. Thinking about my favorite artist too, I need to fashion a suitable gift for her by way of thanks for the effort and skill she's put into my artwork that I love more every day.

I think the gift may resemble those being made for mother's day, and involve some intricate bead work - but not tonight, I'm shattered after last night's rock and roll shenanigans. My new Dear Superstar halterneck top went down a treat and I also had an idea for a bespoke top for download comprising of an existing t-shirt/top turned halter neck, with the word EVIL beaded on the front in big bold letters.

Sums me up nicely, don't you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment