... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Staycating is the New Rock 'n' Roll

I love London. It's fab. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I love a city break. The anonymity of wandering the streets crammed with gorgeous shops, the architecture, the museums and art galleries. I'd like to be able to do it more often, but it's so expensive to stay up there and then you've got the travelling. I wish we had a city with all that to offer and more just 40 minutes and £5 away on the Ebbw Vale Parkway train. Oh, hang on ...

We all have SOOO much on our doorstep that we don't utilise. Believe it or not, people who live in London go to Cardiff for a weekend away!

City breaks might not be your thing, but it really doesn't matter. There's so much to do and see out there, we just take it all for granted, unfortunately. We're very lucky here in Wales that a lot of our attractions have free entry, thanks to the WAG. I know for a fact, though that I haven't taken advantage of all that I should.

Husband's family all live in the North East and whenever we have a visit, we take them somewhere locally, and, I'm ashamed to admit, it's very often the first time I've ever been.

In this year of frugality and consumerism busting, I intend to get to know my local area quite a bit better. I'm going to visit the attractions, drink tea in the tea shop (help to boost their turnover - that's my excuse!) and tell you lot all about it. I'm going to loiter around the art galleries, investigate the museums and stroll around the visitor attractions. Staying home really is the new going out.

And hopefully that'll take my mind off the fact that I'm desperately craving a vintage fitted denim shirt ...

No comments:

Post a Comment