... because life's too short to do anything ALL the time . Creativity and positivity are my "hiraeth"

Monday 18 January 2010

I'm only 33 years old and I'm NOT a PC

So, the pesky virus had absolutely not left me. I don't suppose I can really complain too much - it's the only virus I've contracted that couldn't be sorted out with a dose of Amoxycillin.

You're going to think I'm sad now. No, I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but you are.

Been thinking about Christmas. No, not reminiscing about the glorious snow covered week we spent in the North East, but thinking about the way off Christmas 2010. Well I have to, don't I? I can't leave knocking up all these gorgeous time and effort rich goodies for my friends and family until November. Especially as, where possible, I'll be growing produce to cook with, jam, pickle and bake for these gorgeous morsels.

So right now, it's all about gardening. I need to think now, action soon, harvest later and deliver later again. I'm going to do a bit more growing this year, last years produce was VERY effective, so there'll be more this year. People who've been to my house know about our land. We've very nicely got half a hillside, but, sadly, it's a bit, erm - wild. I'm going to have to either clear a bit of it (doubtful) or invest/beg/borrow/steal some vessels that resemble dustbins, (more likely) to grow my produce in the yard (the vessels need to be as high sided as dustbins due to the leg cocking range of my large Labrador. Don't fancy that on my carrots. If anyone has any vessels I may liberate, I'd be very grateful. Could also be multiple big deep tubs; one to plant in, one to raise up off the floor).

I've written a list of who I have to have a gift for, both birthday and Christmas, and what I'm going to make for each of them. I've not been too ambitious, I've kept it simple, I can always become a bit more elaborate later. I now have a colossal "to make" list that, if started on sooner rather than later, will all come together nicely. I'm sorry to say that there aren't going to be any surprises for Birthdays or Christmases this year. The cyber world of weirdos that seem to find my inane ramblings of vague interest will know about my intended gifts at the same time as the recipient. Sorry about that.

2 comments:

  1. Florists will give away to worthy causes the tall plastic buckets the flowers are delivered in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your work JB, loving it :)

    ReplyDelete